Тема: KoЯn & Deftones
Показать сообщение отдельно
fattface
Модер
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 24 февраля 2005, 13:05
  #142 (ПС)
Хэд ушел из Корна.

Korn has lost its Head.

Guitarist Brian "Head" Welch is exiting the chart-topping n-metal band after finding God, according to a message on the band's official Website.

"Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian "Head" Welch, who has chosen Jesus Christ as his savior and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end," his bandmates said, adding that they "respect Brian's wishes and hopes he finds the happiness he is searching for."

No word who'll take his place in the lineup, which includes singer Jonathan Davis, guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer, bassist Reggie "Fieldy" Arvizo and drummer David Silvera.

Welch, 34, admitted his desire to seek salvation to a radio station in the band's hometown of Bakersfield, California, on Sunday. He said he was becoming increasingly alienated from the menacing, mosh-driven music the quintet made during its 13 years together.

"Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger," he told KRAB-FM. "I'm going to show it through my actions, how much I love my fans."

Welch is scheduled to speak at the local Valley Bible Fellowship church this Sunday. He is expected to elaborate on his religious awakening in greater detail.

During the radio interview, the axe-man said he doesn't care if his friends and fans think he's been "brainwashed" and is crazy for leaving behind a successful rock career.

"Those guys in the band, they're not bad guys. They're just a bunch of kids getting marketed how these guys in the big corporate firms want to do," Welch said. "It makes us look like bad people, but we're really just a bunch of kids who never had a chance to grow up."

The amicable parting comes at a crossroads for the band. Korn had been in the midst of recording its seventh studio album and is currently searching for a new label after leaving Epic Records last year.

Korn first emerged during on the post-grunge scene in 1994 as its self-titled debut sold more than 2 million copies, largely on the strength of the hit single "Blind." After opening for the likes of Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson and Megadeth, Korn became headliners, launching the inaugural Family Values tour in 1998, which was one of the top tours of the year. Subsequent albums included 1999's Issues and 2002's Untouchables.

Welsh isn't the only rock 'n roller to see the light. After leaving the '60s behind, Bob Dylan became a born-again for a time, while folk hero Cat Stevens converted to Islam in the late '70s and changed his name to Yusuf Islam.